8.28.2010

'Baby Who's' finished quilt

Baby Who Quilt on Wassily


















Well, it's Saturday night and what am I doing?... I know. Sad! But I am having so much fun doing this with Larkin. I finally got my images uploaded (of course, we had to choose a few from, say 150 or so. This small lap quilt was my first project. My stepdaughter is having her first baby...a girl. And I wanted to make this for 'Baby Who'. Did I mention that my current resolution is to make all my family members a quilt. HA. Of course the newness hasn't worn off yet. I find myself leaving my studio and going straight to my fabric stash! It's like a secret addiction. I settle in to sew and all of a sudden I am having to balance a 10 lb. fluff in my lap, cut a strip, iron a seam and sew it together...all without getting out of my chair. Ta Da!


Oh yeah, the 10 lb fluff...let me introduce you to Bella. She is our 4th dog, a rescue, the only girl and she rules the boys. And sometimes me. She is completely content as long as she is right in the middle of whatever I am doing. Taking the photos proved to be her debut to posing for the camera. She loves to sit, lay, snuggle, and/or squirm on any little fabric heap.

Don't let that sweet face fool you.

















 


This is fun ! (and yes I washed the quilt after this)







Whew! Big job posing for mom.














Anyway, getting late. Got stuff to do (I haven't even made the bed yet... oh well, kinda a little late now).

This has been fun. I know Mom would have loved this.

xoxo Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment